Florida Dispensaries: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policies
As one of the largest networks of medical cannabis physicians in Florida, CannaMD is committed to working closely with licensed dispensaries to ensure medical cannabis patients stay safe while continuing uninterrupted treatment during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
To that end, we’ve organized official policies – including delivery details and more – for all Florida dispensaries, below.
For a full list of standard delivery policies and fees, please see: Florida Dispensaries: Delivery Policies.
UPDATE (5/8): TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENTS
Through Emergency Order 20-007, the State Surgeon General has extended Emergency Order 20-002 – meaning that CannaMD may continue to offer telehealth (remote/virtual) renewal appointments until May 31, 2020.
For more information on how CannaMD is continuing to keep patients safe during the coronavirus crisis, please see: CannaMD.com/coronavirus.
To book an appointment, please call (855) 420-9170.
At this time, CannaMD operating hours remain the same.
AltMed (MÜV) issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
All facilities will be kept open. Delivery options stay the same as usual. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and sanitary conditions of our facilities and dispensaries and have an ongoing Safety Policy Plan to assure sanitary production facilities.
- In order to follow the social distancing guidelines, in the event that the store is busy, we may ask that patients return to their cars after checking in at Reception. The Receptionist will give you an order form to fill out as you wait, and you will receive a phone call when your Medtender is ready for you.
- During this time we also ask that no guests accompany patients with the exception of patients requiring physical assistance.
- MÜV brochures, physician brochures, and all other printed materials will be kept behind the reception desk. If you would like a copy of these materials, you need only ask.
- Product packaging will be removed from all but one retail island on the sales floor.
- MÜV Dispensaries will be closed Sundays effective March 22nd to facilitate deep cleaning and sanitizing of the store.
We are continuing all the recommended sanitation best practices while increasing our efforts before and after each patient:
Surface Disinfection: We are sanitizing our locations regularly. Surfaces, including countertops, door handles, water fountains and display cases are repeatedly wiped down with disinfectant wipes and sprays.
Hand Washing: The CDC advises hand soap of any kind is effective, it does not need to be antibacterial soap. Hand washing must be performed for twenty (20) seconds with either hot water or cold water, both equally effective. If hand washing is not an option, hand sanitizer should be utilized and is used by each of our Medtenders.
Social Distancing: While we love handshakes and hugs from our patients, temporarily we will be discontinuing such practices and replacing them with elbow or toe bumps to ensure safe hellos and goodbyes. In addition, our Fort Meyers, Longwood and Tallahassee locations offer the convenience of drive through pick-up service for online orders.
Team Health: Our team has been instructed to stay home, and seek medical attention if they have any symptoms, including fever, a cough or shortness of breath.
Patient Health: We would like to keep our community of patients and employees safe, we ask that you visit in good health and not if you or anyone you have been exposed to is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
Product Safety: Our current manufacturing practices meet or exceed Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards, and we have always used medical industry standards, such as laminar flow hoods in manufacturing vape pens and other oil-based products to assure a sterile production environment. All employees handling products are instructed to wear hair/beard nets, sterile gloves, smocks, protective booties, etc.
We will continue to proactively monitor and follow the latest guidance from the CDC, the Department of Labor and local health officials to assure patients have the safest possible access to MÜV Medical Cannabis Products.
Columbia Care issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
As of right now, dispensary status is uninterrupted. For updates, see Columbia Care’s COVID-19 Page.
As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we know that many in our communities may be feeling concerned by recent information. At Columbia Care, the health of our patients, customers, partners and staff has always been, and continues to be, our number one priority. We’ll be updating this page with the latest information as the situation continues to evolve.
We are following recommendations offered by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as state and local governments to protect our communities and to help limit the spread of the virus. We encourage all our patients, customers, and staff to keep up with current news surrounding the virus by checking the CDC website. Columbia Care locations will continue to remain open, with appropriate measures being taken to ensure safety. Some of these increased actions include:
- Increased frequency of the cleaning and sanitization of the dispensary, including the disinfecting of surfaces and door handles.
- A continued and heightened focus on staff hygiene with the use of best in class protective gear, as well as encouraging staff members to wear disposable gloves in the dispensaries.
- An increased frequency of our existing procedures for cleaning & sanitizing all cultivation and manufacturing areas, as well as all equipment
- Any staff members displaying or reporting symptoms have been asked to stay home and have been directed to obtain treatment.
We understand that there is a lot of concern and uncertainty in our communities and will continue to take steps to share information and best practices. As always, we remain committed to your safety, and look forward to continuing to serve you.
Curaleaf issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
Curaleaf has waived delivery fees statewide. Patients can shop online for delivery or place an order for quick pick up. Shopping during less crowded times or utilizing our drive-thru services where available is encouraged. Visit Curaleaf’s website to check inventory of your local store and place an order.
- EXPRESS PICK-UP – Order online or by phone, pick-up in store – Get 100 extra rewards points with express orders.
- First hour daily will provide seniors, 60+ priority service. Hours of operation will vary, please contact your local dispensary.
A message from our president:
We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it relates to our communities, and we know that many of you may be feeling concerned by all the information. At Curaleaf, the health of our patients, customers, and staff is our foremost priority as we navigate the evolving situation.
In order to ensure that our patient and customer care remains uninterrupted, Curaleaf is following recommendations offered by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as state and local governments to protect our community and help limit the spread of the virus.
We understand that access to our dispensaries offer a real benefit to our customers’ health, so we want to ensure that those experiences are as safe as possible. At this time, Curaleaf locations will remain open with appropriate measures to protect our patients and customers. We also want to remind patients that they can take advantage of delivery, mobile ordering and express pickup options in the states where these services are available.
We thought it might be useful to review some of the additional steps we are taking in our dispensaries and other facilities as safeguards during this unusual time.
In our dispensaries we are:
- Requiring additional regular hand washing breaks and hand sanitizing, with additional hand sanitizers made available in public areas
- Increasing frequency and oversight of daily cleaning, including multiple wipe downs of high touch surfaces and common spaces with additional disinfecting procedures
- Following new guidelines to ensure all staff are healthy before coming to work
In our cultivation and manufacturing facilities, we:
- Follow rigorous standards for agricultural best practices
- Maintain the highest levels of hygiene protocol, using protective gear, masks and gowning
- Continue to use best in class procedures for cleaning & sanitizing of cultivation and manufacturing areas, utensils and equipment, with increased frequency
It is worth noting that we have had no diagnosed or presumptively diagnosed cases of Coronavirus/COVID-19 among our staff to date.
While we all understand that this is a fluid situation that can change at any time, it is important that we remain cautious, follow the guidance of our public health leaders, and take the steps we can to reduce risk for ourselves and others. Thank you.
Fluent issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
As we actively monitor the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we want to share the measures we are currently taking to keep our employees, customers, and community safe:
We are prioritizing Express Pick-Up orders.
In order to mitigate unnecessary exposure, limit public interaction, and give you a swifter, smoother experience. We encourage all of our guests to take advantage of this service for a quick in-store pickup and help keep all of us safe.
We are also pleased to announce the opening of our Casselberry drive-thru for Express Pick-Up orders, starting today.
What we are doing for our customers…
- Clean and Safe Environment. We are doubling-down on our cleaning procedures across the entire company, from our cultivation facilities, to our offices, to all dispensaries.
- Hand sanitizing stations. Available for all customers to use at every dispensary.
What you can do…
- Stay informed from trusted sources. Visit coronavirus.gov to get the latest news regarding the spread of the virus and how it might affect your local community. Visit the WHO website to get the latest info of the World Health Organization, updated daily.
- Do not share cannabis consumption devices. Vapes, joints, pipes, or any other method of consumption of cannabis must be cleaned regularly as they may be used as a conduit for the spread of the virus. Good hygiene practices help all in our community.
Our curators and call center are ready to assist, support and respond to any questions you might have. To contact us directly via phone or email visit our contact page.
Together we can help keep our community strong, safe, and healthy.
For updates, see Fluent’s COVID-19 Page.
GrowHealthy issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
All dispensaries will remain open. GrowHealthy will offer free statewide delivery with no order minimum.
GrowHealthy and its employees continue to follow hygiene protocols and implement proactive strategies to minimize exposure for patients, including continued cleanliness and sanitation of all facilities and personal sanitation of all employees. All retail locations conduct daily facility sanitation and have increased sanitation of common area cleaning and touchable surfaces.
Employees are required to undergo thorough hand washing and hand sanitation prior to product or patient contact. All employees are required to wear a fresh pair of sanitized gloves whenever near or in contact with products, including in store during product inspection for patients.
Our GrowHealthy cultivation facility utilizes standardized General Manufacturing Practices (including monitored hand washing and sanitizing steps, sterilized gloves required when near or in contact with product, protective booties, smocks and hair/beard covers).
We implement a strict wellness policy that no team member attends work unless they are 100% well.
We hope that you find comfort during this time by taking advantage of our free, state-wide delivery with no order minimum for easy access to medicine without having to leave home. For delivery, dial 800-619-5288, and select option 2.
To reduce time in-store, all patients can place their order via phone or online, directly through our website or Leafly, with no order minimum.
Harvest issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
At Harvest, the health and safety of our employees, patients, customers and community is our highest priority. Across the country, local and state governments have determined that all medical support and essential service providers like Harvest should remain open to best support patients through this trying time. As a medical provider to patients who rely on our products to help manage various conditions, we have made the decision to continue serving our local communities in this time of need.
- We understand. The current health crisis is unsettling for us all. But one thing is certain, as long as we can, we will fulfill our commitment to deliver goodness to you. We wanted to share some of the actions and policies Harvest is taking to protect you and our employees.
- Running clean stores. Heightened awareness and increased the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitization in all of our retail stores, cultivation, processing and manufacturing centers, and office environments. Ordering additional supplies and cleaning products to sustain business over extended periods of time.
- Taking care of our team and visitors. Updated our company response plan to encourage anyone with symptoms, or those who may have come in contact with anyone with the virus, to stay home and isolate themselves for 14-days and/or until cleared by a medical doctor to return to work, the same holds true for visitors. Employees in this category may utilize work from home options when available, Paid Time Off and other benefit policies to assist with sustaining their incomes. Required all employees avoid nonessential business travel and all travel to countries designated high risk by the CDC.
- Assisting with social distancing/e-commerce. We are evaluating the minimum number of employees to safely and securely staff our facilities, ramping up online, curbside, delivery, pre-order options (where applicable), and limiting the number of visitors in each store at one time and shifted a significant number of employees to work from home.
- Increasing awareness and sharing information. Shared best practices and information with employees to encourage prevention of the COVID-19 virus.
- Planning ahead. Prepared internal business continuity and safety plans to act quickly when needed.
- Actively monitoring. We’ll continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization and local health officials and will make cautious, science-based evaluations to inform our decisions and ensure how best we can serve our patients and customers.
Based on our guidance, requests from regulators and designation as an essential service, our stores will continue to remain open for business. At Harvest, we share in your concerns around the spread of this virus and offer our deepest sympathies to those who have been affected. The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve daily. Thank you for the trust you’ve placed in us, it’s a responsibility we take seriously.
CEO, Harvest Health & Recreation Inc
For more information, please visit Harvest’s COVID-19 Resource Page.
Liberty Health Sciences issued the following statement April 9th:
Your health matters to us!
Here are a number of ways we are putting you first.
Please be aware that our locations are presently open standard hours:
- Monday – Friday 10am – 7pm
- Saturday 10am – 5pm
- Sunday 12pm – 5pm
Online ordering is available for curbside pick-up and delivery orders.
Free delivery during this time available with a $50 minimum order.
For patients who are able, we would recommend utilizing CanPay to limit exchange of physical cash.
Also, please be aware that we have policies in place to consistently sanitize all common use items and other items in our dispensaries every hour.
We look forward to making it through this together as we all work in unison to “flatten the curve.”
MedMen issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
Dispensary status remains uninterrupted.
On behalf of the entire MedMen family, we thank you for your trust and continued support. As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our customers and employees remains our first priority. In light of recent developments and communication from federal, state and local governments, we’d like to share an update on the status of our operations for customers who rely on cannabis products for their everyday well-being.
Are stores open?
We’re here for you. At this time we are stocked and open for business. We encourage you to order online for express in-store pickup.
We’re implementing guidelines from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding measures against the spread of COVID-19. Below, a breakdown of steps at every level to ensure the safety of employees and customers alike.
Is in-store pick up safe?
While we offer delivery we strongly encourage our customers to take advantage of online ordering for express in-store pick up where available. We’ll have a dedicated area for this service in order to get you in and out with minimal contact. We’re here for you and we’re taking every precaution to make sure you’re safe.
What steps are employees taking?
Our employees are required to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Additionally, they are instructed to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Should they cough or sneeze, they have been instructed to cover their mouths with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow and wash their hands. They are to deposit this tissue into the trash immediately.
On top of frequent hand washing, our employees will be using hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; covering all surfaces of their hands before rubbing until dry. Hand sanitizer is provided in-store for all customers.
What steps are we taking in store?
Every 30 minutes, we’re cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, counter tops, ATM machines, debit card terminals, iPads, bud pods, and our point of sale terminals. We’re also cleaning workspaces frequently including the break rooms, restrooms, and our sales floor.
What about social distancing?
We’re using our best judgement to limit the number of customers, patients, and employees in our stores at one time on the sales floor. We’re ensuring a 6-foot distance is maintained when associates are helping customers in addition to maintaining that distance while customers are waiting outside to check-in or inside while waiting to pay.
We are here for you:
We value your understanding and support as we navigate this rapidly evolving situation. We will, of course, keep you informed, should anything change. To those who have been affected, all of us here are hoping you’ll experience a speedy return to normal life.
We’ll continue to do what’s right for our customers, patients, and employees. As always, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. You can always find the latest information from MedMen on our website.
One Plant issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
OnePlant is committed to putting all of our patient’s health & safety first while also making sure that you receive the medicine you need. Especially, under the current circumstances that are forcing most of you to stay home.
That being said, One Plant currently has the most robust cannabis delivery capabilities in the state of Florida. So, now through April 15, 2020 we are offering 20% off your entire order.
Please use the promo code: “STIRCRAZY” at online checkout, valid for delivery only.
We are closely monitoring this evolving situation regarding COVID-19 and will continue to uphold the highest standards for hygiene and sanitization for all dispensary staff and drivers including NEW more robust rules and policies, such as:
- Disinfect all common surfaces (doors, counters, restrooms) multiple times daily in the inventory picking area
- Disposable gloves worn at all times when handling product
- Orders packed and sealed in a sterile inventory room
- Inventory room sanitized daily
- Packed orders are secured in coolers
- Drivers sanitize hands between every delivery
- Phones are wiped down and sanitized after each delivery
- Coolers wiped out with sanitation wipes multiple times daily
We are prepared to navigate these challenging circumstances with everyone’s safety in mind while getting your medicine directly to your door.
Thank you from the One Plant team.
Rise issued the following update April 2:
We are encouraging our patients to stay safe and offer Curbside Pick Up ONLY at all Florida locations.
Delivery is available and FREE for orders of $50 or more from our Pinellas Park, Deerfield Beach, and Hallandale Beach locations. Below are the counties we deliver to:
- Pinellas Park: Manatee, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco & Hernando
- Deerfield Beach: Broward, Palm Beach, Martin & St. Lucie
- Hallandale Beach: Miami Dade
Rise issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
RISE is committed to the health and wellness of our community.
Effective Thursday, 3/19 there will be NO In-Store orders. In an effort to keep you and our staff as safe as possible, we are moving to ONLINE ORDERING and PHONE ORDERING ONLY AT ALL RISE FLORIDA LOCATIONS.
ONLINE ORDERING can be done at I Heart Jane. Please search for your specific Rise Store in the search bar. If you are UNABLE to make an order online, please call your specific store to order.
We are doing all that we can to remain open for patients in our community during this public health crisis. Store hours may likely change day to day. For the most up to date store hours, please go to your store specific Facebook page. The most current information about revised store hours will be found on Facebook, we will be updating it in real time.
We are all in this together – We will Rise Above.
Surterra issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
Dispensary status is uninterrupted. Delivery options are not available; Surterra is encouraging patients to place pick-up orders.
We wanted to to make you aware of what we are doing regarding the current coronavirus situation to ensure your well-being. We know it’s an unsettling time for everyone and our thoughts are with those who have been affected by the outbreak. Every day brings new developments and you may have questions.
We understand that we play a vital role for you, as you may rely on our cannabis products to manage a variety of health symptoms and conditions. In fact, anxiety is one of the most common health concerns we are hearing in our stores during this unsettling period of time. We take our role in ensuring your well-being very seriously and we will do our best to continue to provide this important service while prioritizing the health and safety of our associates, our customers and our community.
We are closely monitoring the situation and following the official guidance and recommendations of the CDC, WHO, OSHA and local Boards of Health to help mitigate and slow the spread of the virus and are taking additional measures to protect and support everyone who works at or visits our stores:
- Increasing sanitizing of high-touch surfaces and deep night cleanings in all our stores
- Enforcing good hygiene of all our associates and directing associates who are feeling unwell to not come into work
- Being flexible and considerate in our sick leave benefits and attendance policy for those who might be impacted
- Training associates to be extra sensitive to interactions, particularly with our customers who are immunocompromised or otherwise vulnerable Preparing our stores to respond quickly to any emerging situation Implementing a number ways that you can obtain our products while minimizing time in our stores and ensuring minimal contact with staff and others, such as how we manage lines and wait times, and encouraging the use of debit over cash
- Asking customers who are sick or have symptoms to refrain from coming to our stores
While we are currently maintaining regular operations at our stores, we are navigating the situation community by community and store by store. We will do our best to update you about any changes to hours or offerings in the store nearest you, or you can check our social page. It is our intent to remain transparent and will update our website and social media as the we learn more. Please visit our website and follow us on twitter, facebook and instagram for the most up to date information.
Thank you for your cooperation and let’s work to stay healthy together,
Chairman & CEO
Trulieve provided the following update March 23rd:
PICK-UP ONLY DISPENSARIES
Three locations will operationally change from a walk-in dispensary to a pre-ordered, pick up location. They are:
- Fort Lauderdale: 1417 SW 40th Terrace, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33317
- Stuart: 1970 NW Federal Hwy, Stuart, FL 34994
- Tallahassee: 800 Capital Circle SE, Tallahassee, FL 32301
DESIGNATED CARE AND HOME DELIVERY
The first hour our dispensaries open is for those patients who are immunocompromised (Monday-Saturday 9-10am, Sunday 10-11am). Please help us help the most vulnerable during this time as we do enhanced deep cleaning to ensure the safest environment.
Trulieve issued the following statement the week of March 16th:
- Trulieve dispensaries are open and operating under normal hours (Mon-Sat 9am-8pm*, Sun 10am-6pm*)
- Online ordering is available to place a pick-up or delivery order
- Patients 65 and older receive free delivery
- Statewide delivery is available & only $15
- CanPay can be used as a digital transaction
- No visitors or guest – patients only allowed inside a dispensary
- Reduced seating in waiting area – please maintain 6ft personal space between individuals
- Your health & safety is important to us! We have hand sanitizer & face masks available at all dispensaries
*Venice and Vero Beach remain open Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-12pm, locations closed on Sundays due to city ordinances.
At Trulieve, we are committed to the safety and well-being of our patients and customers and have, therefore, been closely monitoring news reports regarding the Coronavirus or COVID19.
We want to assure our patients and customers that our preparedness team quickly instituted policies and procedures designed to protect our employees, our business, and you – our valued Trulievers. These actions include everything from internal employee policies to assure sick employees can stay at home to new procedures for our delivery drivers. In our stores we have escalated cleaning procedures and increased the availability of hand sanitizers for our employees and patients. At our cultivation and processing facilities we’ve increased production to ensure our patients have access to the product they need during this difficult time.
We will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 while ensuring we meet our high standards of delivering a variety of products to meet the needs of our patients and customers. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns relating to the Coronavirus or refer to the CDC informational guidelines. We are here for you because, as we say at Trulieve, we grow one patient and customer at a time.
Vidacann issued the following statement March 27th:
Dear VidaCann Family,
First and foremost, the health and safety of both you and our staff is our number one priority.
With that said, we are committed to remaining open and operational during this time to serve our communities. We will do so by continuing to take appropriate measures both in-store and externally, which include adding the options of Curbside Pickup and No-Contact Delivery methods. These options are in addition to regular In-Store Purchase, Express Pickup, and Delivery.
Curbside Pickup Orders:
(We encourage you to pay via CanPay or Credit Card)
- Visit VidaCann’s Order Online website page to start your order (or call your local store).
- At checkout, select the box that says: “I want to use curbside pickup”
- In the Personal Message section of your order, please provide your vehicle’s Make, Model, and Color.
- After your order is placed, you will receive a text message when your order is being prepared and another when your order is ready for pickup (Please do not arrive before your reservation time).
- Upon arrival, please park in one of the Designated Curbside Pickup Parking Spots, which will be in front of the store.
- Call the store and have a valid photo ID ready.
- A store associate will come out to your car and assist you.
(PLEASE NOTE: Curbside Pickup can only occur in the Designated Curbside Pickup Parking Spots, so you may need to wait for a spot to become available.)
No-Contact Delivery Orders:
(For No-Contact Delivery, the order must be pre-paid using Credit/Debit Card or CanPay. Otherwise, cash payments will be treated as standard delivery.)
- Visit VidaCann’s Order Online website page to place your order (or call your local store).
- You will receive a call when the delivery driver is on their way. Please have a valid photo ID ready.
- The driver will knock on your front door, verify your identity, your order, the order total, and your payment method.
- The delivery driver will then take a picture of you holding your photo ID (otherwise, a signature will be required).
- Then we’ll drop your order on your doorstep or walkway for you to retrieve.
Store-Level COVID-19 Prevention
At the store level, we are taking all precautions necessary to ensure a safe and healthy environment for yourself and our staff. This includes:
- Providing hand sanitizer in the waiting and dispensing rooms
- Cleaning & sanitizing surfaces frequently throughout the day
- Removing literature, furniture, and other non-necessities to limit the number of surfaces the virus can live on
- Keeping a log to monitor employee hand-washing
- Working with the DOH to create alternative purchasing options (No-Contact Delivery, Curbside Pickup, etc.)
For any further questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re all in this together.
STANDARD DELIVERY POLICIES
Questions about standard delivery policies and fees for each dispensary?
Check out CannaMD‘s earlier post: Florida Dispensaries: Delivery Policies.
NEED YOUR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD?
That’s what we’re here for! CannaMD is Florida’s leading network of medical cannabis physicians. We’re committed to providing compassionate care to patients in need, and are here to help during this difficult time. To get started, fill out a quick online application or call (855) 420-9170.